Children’s Religious Exploration
Children’s Version of the Seven Principles of Unitarian Universalism:
- Each person is important
- Be kind in all you do
- We’re free to learn together
- And search for what is true
- All people need a voice
- Build a fair and peaceful world
- We care for Earth’s lifeboat
The Lifespan Religious Exploration Committee has identified these guidelines to shape the way we teach our children:
- Respect oneself, each other and our Fellowship.
- Ensure everything taught builds on an understanding of UU principles.
- Create a sense of belonging and community within the Fellowship.
Sunday Morning Schedule
- 9:45-9:55 am: Welcome ~ Parents fill out registration forms
- 10:00 am: Service begins ~ Children attend the beginning of the service with their families
- 10:20-10:55 am: Children attend Religious Exploration class or the Nursery
- 11:00 am: Service ends
We now have a beautiful Nursery for infants and toddlers, ages three months to three years. Our Nursery Caregiver is available to care for the little ones throughout the entire service.
Children’s Religious Exploration Classes
Children ages four to fourteen are welcome to attend our multi-age RE classes on Sunday mornings. This spring the children are beginning a spiritual journey with a new curriculum from the UUA called “Faithful Journeys.” The children are learning about the journeys of faith taken by many historic and contemporary Unitarians and Universalists. And they are also stepping into their own journeys by learning to practice the Seven Principles in their daily lives, just as these courageous women and men have done. You can learn more about this curriculum by clicking here.
“Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don’t even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child—our own two eyes. All is a miracle.”
~ Thich Nhat Hanh
For more information about our children’s programs submit the form to the right.